Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Move Mountains

Do you ever get so focused on something that you forget about who God is? I do. You could say I have an undiagnosed case of ADHD. But I have a one-track mind. I do things one at a time until they are complete. Even when I eat Thanksgiving dinner everyone laughs at me because I work my way around the plate eating one thing at a time instead of a little bit of everything. Joshua must have been the same way. While getting ready to conquer Jericho, an angel appeared to him in his sleep. Because war was on his mind, his immediate reaction was, "Are you for us, or against us?" The angel replied, "No. But I am the commander of God's army." The angel only says one more thing to Joshua, "Take off your shoes because the place where you stand is holy." That's it! The whole reason for God revealing Himself to Joshua was to remind him that He is there, and He is holy. I need God to do that for me. I need God to shake up my little world, move mountains, reveal His glory through nature, just to tell me He is holy. How powerful is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment